Video shows ICF costs less than plywood forms
Concrete contractor talks about why he switched from using plywood forms to ICF for his basement walls
Here’s a few points to consider when watching the video:
- Polycrete Big Blocks are 25% larger than the ones shown so they go up faster.
- The contractor makes a comment about having “line up the webs.” Since Polycrete’s fastening system is horizontal, that’s not required and waste is reduced.
- Notice the top edge of the wall. The inside has been ripped so that it is 6” lower than the outside. Polycrete’s Split-Blok line allows you to spec the panel height you need on each side (12”, 18” or 24”) which saves labor.
- In fact, we can make all the cuts in the factory and supply the contractor with a fully labeled and numbered kit ready to assemble, which nearly eliminates waste altogether.
- Zont bracing system works well, has low up front costs and you can re-use the framing lumber elsewhere on the job .